The GSR – The GSR has the job of linking their Group to AA as a whole.
The GSR facilitates their Group’s business meetings, is listed as the mail contact for their group with GSO, and shares with their Group all correspondence from District, Area, and GSO. The GSR encourages Home Group members to become involved in various AA service positions.
The GSR represents their group at District and Area functions. In most cases, this involves the GSR report his/her Group’s Conscience, based on the Group’s discussion of specific issues. In other cases, usually minor business issues known as housekeeping issues, GSR’s make decisions based on their knowledge of the group’s will. The GSR also brings information regarding service to the group. GSRs are encouraged to attend the Area Assembly meetings to vote her/his Group’s Conscience on Area Business.
The Alternate GSR fulfills the duties and responsibilities of the GSR in the event the GSR is unavailable, or is unable to serve for any reason. The Alternate GSRs are encouraged to attend their Group’s business meetings, District meetings, and be prepared to vote his/her Group’s Conscience on District and Area issues.
District 37 GSR meetings are held monthly, usually the 4th Tuesday of the month, 7 PM, at the Intergroup Office, 2203 Fairmont Ave, Vancouver, WA, or via Zoom. Click here to view our upcoming District meeting.
To view our District 37 Handbook please click here.
GSR & General AA Resource Literature: (Printing a single copy of this item is permitted, in accordance with the A.A. World Services, Inc. https://aa.org/pages/en_US/content-use-policy)
- Click here to view ‘GSR- General Service Representative…Your Group’s Link to AA as a Whole’.
- Click here to view ‘The AA group..where it all begins’.
- Click here to view GSO web page ‘General Service Representative’.
- Click here to view ‘Contents of GSR Kit’.
- Click here to view ‘Inside AA – Understanding the Fellowship and its Services’.
- Click here to view ‘Understanding Anonymity’.
- Click here to view ‘Traditions Checklist From the AA Grapevine’.
- Click here to view ‘Let’s be Friendly with Our Friends: Friends on the Alcoholism Front’.
- Click here to View ‘Your AA General Service Office (GSO)’.
- Click here to view ‘Is Your Group Linked to AA As A Whole?’.
- Click here to view ‘FAQ on Practicing the 7th Tradition at Virtual Meetings’.
- Click here to view ‘The Illustrated 12 Concepts of World Service’.
- Click here to view ‘AA Legacy of Service’.
- Click here to view ‘Safety in AA….our common welfare’.
- Click here to view ‘Safety Card for AA Groups’.
- Click here to view ‘Self Support Card’.
- Click here to view ‘Self-Support: Where Money & Spirituality Mix’.
- Click here to view ‘The AA Group Treasurer’.