3.0.4 Archives Committee Chairperson
The District Archives Chair will hold a committee meeting of that committee each month on the designated standing committee night as determined by District 37. The Chair may or may not attend the WWA Archives Committee four quarterly meetings. The Committee Chair is expected to attend the District 37 Business Meetings or send a report of Committee activities for the District GSR’s.
The District Archives Chair follows the AA Guidelines for Archives Committee and the District Archives committee Handbook and the AA Guidelines. The District Archivist maintains Histories of District 7, 37, WWA and AA as a whole. Archives services work is more than custodial activity; it is the means and ways by which we collect, preserve and share the rich and meaningful heritage of our Fellowship. The Archives Chair is responsible for the collection and sharing of these important historical elements with the Fellowship of AA.
Archives Literature Resources: (Printing a single copy of this item is permitted, in accordance with the A.A. World Services, Inc. https://aa.org/pages/en_US/content-use-policy)
- Click here to view ‘AA Guidelines – Archives’.
- Click here to view ‘AA Archives Workbook’.
- Click here to view ‘The AA Archives’.
- Click here to view ‘Archives Preservation Guidelines’.
- Click here to view ‘Digitizing Archival Material Guidelines’.
- Click here to view ‘Researching AA Group History’.
- Click here to view ‘Archives & History’ web page on aa.org
- Click here to view the ‘National AA Archives Workshop’ web site.