3.0.3 Access Committee Chairperson
The District Access Chair will hold a committee meeting of that committee each month on the designated standing committee night as determined by the District. The Chair is expected to attend the WWA Access Committees four quarterly meetings.
The purpose of the Access Committee is to assist all AA members with special needs that are unable to benefit from regular AA meeting, to include, but not limited to: the housebound, hospitalized, deaf, blind, physically or mentally handicapped. Access is to arrange transportation to AA meeting for those in need, provide audio tapes of the Big Book for the blind, or those with reading difficulties, help Groups with architectural challengers to improve access to the handicapped. The Committee chair reports should be submitted to District 37 Treasurer and GSR’s for monthly review at the District Business meetings.
Accessibility Literature Resources: (Printing a single copy of this item is permitted, in accordance with the A.A. World Services, Inc. https://aa.org/pages/en_US/content-use-policy)
- Click here to view ‘AA Guidelines – Accessibility for All Alcoholics’.
- Click here to view ‘Accessibilities Workbook’.
- Click here to view ‘Serving all Alcoholics – Making the AA message Accessible’.
- Click here to view ‘Accessibilities Checklist for Meetings & Groups’.
- Click here to view ‘AA Guidelines – Sharing the AA Message to the Alcoholic who is Deaf or Hard of Hearing’.
- Click here to view ‘Loners Internationals Meeting (LIM) Correspondence Service’.
- Click here to view Video ‘The Big Book – Researching Issues, Possible Tools & Access.’